Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Review

No downtime, no breakdowns, all the user readings are exact, and it gives us quick analysis so we can apply security measures

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the product is as an enterprise mobility management solution to give access to users that are connecting to the network on wired and wireless devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager is very good in terms of performance. It can handle the traffic in the network of our 300-400 user base and it can manage all the users without downtime. Its exceptional performance is allowing us to implement other solutions to service customers better.

What is most valuable?

Because Cisco products are reliable and user-friendly, we can implement any kind of setup. For example, we can set up for a geographical location. We can make it so users find it easy to access the network securely when they are in and outside the office. We experience no downtime, no breakdowns, all the user readings are exact, and it gives us quick analysis so we can apply security measures.

What needs improvement?

Because Cisco has improved a lot and is competing with other technologies that are innovative and brand new to the market, the only improvements they have to make are to keep up with the current competition and remain competitive with other solutions.

We have been using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager for about six months

My impression is that the solution is 98% stable. I really like the devices and I am happy to have the devices in my organization.

The scalability of the solution ranks at about 9.5 of 10. It is flexible and scalable.

While pro support is available, we have not used any kind of support so far. We do the maintenance on our own. But the technical support is 100% available and they maintain certain criteria. Every three to six months they come for a review of performance and they inspect the devices every three months. We meet with them even if we do not request support and they inform us of new devices and improvements coming into the market. If there is anything you need from them, they are very good and reliable.

We previously used a GitLab runner because of the GUID (Global Unique Identifier), but the Cisco Meraki also had the GUID feature which makes it really easy to implement. Without GUID you had to learn so many devices. So GUID is very good, the Cisco console is very good, the interface is extremely good and this made it very easy to implement. You don't have to extract the logs manually, so that simplifies log-analysis.

I had experience with Cisco devices previously so the initial setup was easy. Deployment is never complicated unless you complicate your design or implement other design management. If your planning is really good before implementation, the deployment will go well. I enjoyed using it and implementing it.

The integration was taken care of by us. We only had the devices. The implementation was our first attempt and it took only a few days.

Our return on investment is reliability, flexibility and the ability to serve our customers without downtime.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten.