Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

Easy to install and manage, but the customization needs improvement.

What is our primary use case?

We are MSP, resellers. We provide solutions for customers.

Meraki is a good entry-level enterprise Wi-Fi solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Customers that have gone from SMB solutions into the Meraki have noticed an increase in satisfaction in the work.

What is most valuable?

The big draw is the ease of installation. It's easy to manage, and it's easy to implement.

What needs improvement?

It's a little bit customizable, but that's where it probably has one of its downfalls. It is not as feature-rich as some of the others.

The customization needs to be improved because it's pretty locked down. You can't customize it much.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see the Radio Control feature included, and improved customization on the radios.

Also, it needs more ability to control it. It works well but you can really change it a lot.

We have been working with Cisco Meraki Wireless Lan for approximately 10 years.

They don't really have versions with Meraki. They have different access points.

It's a very stable product, very mature.

It is scalable, but it definitely suffers during really large implementations.

Technical support is good. They are pretty solid.

I think everywhere there's always improvement to be had. That's just kind of the big thing for technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The usual requirements are less than thirty days to install. It's pretty quick.

We do our pre-installation survey, help design the network, and then implement it, test it, and then make adjustments as required.

Wi-Fi is a necessary evil. You have to have Wi-Fi, so I think that it's a situation where you have to put something in.

Some of the companies have had a return on investments and they will generate revenue off of their Wi-Fi, but that's in hospitality for example.

It's a little bit different for those customers, who have to put a Wi-Fi solution in.

This one from a budgetary standpoint is mid-range. It's not super expensive and it's not super cheap.

It's a good solution.

A lot of customers pick it because it's got decent feature sets and it's not the most expensive in the market.

What other advice do I have?

To anyone who is interested in using this solution, make sure that you're happy with their features and that it's the right solution.

Look at all of its features and also look at its downfalls and/or weaknesses, as well.

Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN is good, but not great.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.