Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

Valuable Features

The Dashboard, with its centralized "cloud" interface is the most valuable feature of Meraki. If you are a smaller organization, have a small IT staff, and/or basic wireless needs Meraki provides the perfect solution. That is not to say that larger more educated organizations might not also find Meraki to be a great fit.

Improvements to My Organization

We use Meraki as a managed service provider for several clients that found the product and price a fit for their organization.

Room for Improvement

One of the virtues of the product could possibly be viewed as an achilles heel. The product is straightforward and does not have lots of features and fine tuning available vendors such as Cisco and Aruba. Some may be available when unlocked by Meraki TAC, but the product is not as feature rich as non-cloud offerings. This may be viewed as a positive by many users that do not want the complexity that comes with the extra features.

Use of Solution

I have been certified and used this product for 3 years.

Very few issues. TAC works well with standard requests. If one needs something very advanced and rarely needed the TAC has difficulty escalating quickly.

The product is completely stable in our implementations.

The Meraki products scale quite well by allowing multiple organization with subdivisions of "networks" APs can be added to networks and tagged with other information as well. I would say that it works best for organizations with many diverse locations with smaller numbers of APs.

I would say that customer service is an 8/10

For basic technical support I give a 9/10. Once in the BETA program Irate Meraki a 10/10. The area in between basic support and "white glove" BETA program support is a little rough as I think most Meraki users keep things simple.

My company implements Cisco and Meraki and are certified for both. As I am also Aruba certified we occasionally service Aruba implementations.

Setup is very straightforward. The GUI is very intuitive.

Implementation Team

We are the vendor doing the implementation and often maintenance/monitoring.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing is directly tied to licensing. Longer terms are a better value than shorter ones, but the customer needs to determine which options is best.

Other Solutions Considered

yes we evaluated all the competition.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am Meraki certified and my company is a Cisco-Meraki partner
1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Viknes WaranUserTOP 20

would like to have WIPS comparison between the brands

Like (0)06 March 17