Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

A good quality product that is scalable and stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily create outdoor usage of city-wide networks. It's mostly for visitors to the city and students at the university.

What is most valuable?

Multiple access ID capabilities, meshing, and the quality of the product itself are all valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately, we have to deal with European privacy laws and as far as we can see, the solution is not compliant with these. It's why we're not able to continue with Cisco Meraki. They need to become compliant with GDPR laws.

They should make the solution more transparent so we can better see what the system does.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had issues with the hardware.

The solution is scalable.

Sometimes it takes a while for technical support to get back to you and their suggestions have been inaccurate occasionally. However, largely we're satisfied with technical support. The time they gave us inaccurate information, the situation was related to an HD problem of GDPR security. The answers provided were not accurate for countries in Europe.

The initial setup is straightforward but we've had a lot of experience with the solution. An installation of an average of five to 10 units takes half a day to a full day.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We work mainly with small and medium enterprises. We deploy the MR72 and 73 versions of the solution.

In general, the solution performs well in Europe, but it doesn't comply with the GDPR, so we're not allowed to use it.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.