Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

Has excellent stability, it works and doesn't stop

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for business, the end within the business, no guests or anything like that. We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the stability. It works and doesn't stop.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, we're waiting on is the new standard WiFi 6. That's really where the research comes into. With wifi coming out, we're going to refresh everything. Hence we're going to look at the top three players.

I'd like better integration with security providers.

I've been using this solution for around eight years.

It is stable. We've never had any bugs.

It's scalable. We have between 50-100 users in my company. The users are our general employees.

We don't require any staff for maintenance. For the deployment, we required four staff members. We have plans for increasing usage. The idea is to double it in size with Wifi 6.

We were in touch with technical support a while ago. They just said what was in the book.

We previously used Aruba Wireless. We switched because of the price. It wasn't my choice, it was my client's choice.

The initial setup was complex. It took about 200 hours.

Our deployment strategy was to get it all in and then get all hardware in, put one service layer at a time. When it's finished, disable all the old stuff. After migrating the clients, disable all the old stuff.

I reached out to Cisco for boilerplate plans and worked on their standard design for a smaller office.

After the third year, because it's Cisco, the prices go higher.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution would be to use the white paper comparisons, they're excellent. Particularly not a newspaper review of a product, as it comes out of the box. That does nothing. But it has to really be an installation that is similar to yours. It might match the number of sites or match the number of consumers in the end but it has to be similar in some ways. Not a lab, a lab work doesn't tell you anything. That's like a practice run.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
More Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN reviews from users