Cisco Network Assurance Engine Review

We were doing real-time analysis, and this solution prevented us from doing anything wrong. However, it should have TACACS+ and RADIUS authentications.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for validating the sign and the implementation of the network stuff in ACI.

It performs well. There are some issues, but it is getting there.

How has it helped my organization?

During some changeovers in the bridge domains, we were moving IP addresses from the old network into ACI. We were doing real-time analysis, and this solution prevented us from doing anything wrong.

What is most valuable?

The real-time analysis is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs authentication beyond just local and LDAP. It should also have TACACS+ and RADIUS.

Trial/evaluations only.

The stability is really good. I have never seen it crash.

I haven't tested the scalability yet.

The technical support is good.

This is a pack for customer. We needed it because they were fumbling around trying to figure out what they did wrong. With Network Assurance, they can (in a short amount of time) show what went wrong on a screen in a report.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. Just follow the instructions and you can't go wrong.

I am the consultant for the deployment.

The customer hasn't bought it yet. It is running as a PoC.

We only considered Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Try Cisco Network Assurance Engine out, as it is really good. It's much better than you think.