Cisco Nexus Review

Stable and easy to use modular and fixed port network switches

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Nexus for the switches. It's a switch product, and I think we have 350 users on our network.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use, and the performance is great. I like the VRF IP route for the network. It's five minutes of work.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better.

I've been using Cisco Nexus for the last three years.

Cisco Nexus is stable, and the performance is great.

Cisco Nexus is a scalable product.

I have contacted technical support many times, and I am satisfied with my experience.

The installations were easy. The time to deploy depends on the model and the size of the product you will be using. But it will definitely take hours. We have ten people in our team to implement and maintain this solution. But it depends on the project. Sometimes we will have 15 people working on it.

We implemented this solution by ourselves.

The problem with Cisco, from what I see, is that their costs are much higher. The costs depend on the features you need, and the license is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

From a functional and technical point of view, I would recommend Cisco Nexus to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Nexus a nine.

More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.