Cisco Nexus Review

Beneficial logical tenant segregation, installation straightforward, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution in a data center farm.

What is most valuable?

We have found that logical tenant segregation to be the most useful feature.

What needs improvement?

The software is not as mature as it could be and needs some integration improvements with other orchestrators.

I have been using the solution for three years.

When it comes to the stability we had some issues with some software features due to a release bug. The hardware itself is pretty stable.

The solution is scalable.

The initial installation is pretty straightforward, it takes approximately an hour. When you start with the configuration and moving forward from there, which is not only a matter of technical configuration or the key component but the integration into the environment, this can take several hours.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others before implantation this solution to study. There are some big changes in respect to the previous concept of networking. There is a learning curve that needs to be considered.

I rate Cisco Nexus an eight out of ten.

More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.