Cisco Nexus Review

Enables us to cut costs and to collapse the core but it needs SDN capability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the Cisco Nexus is the data center, core routing, switching, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Nexus has improved the way our organization functions by being able to cut the costs. We were able to collapse the core.

We use Cisco Nexus use as our core and our distribution switch.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Cisco Nexus is modularity. It's like the Swiss Army knife of switches. It makes the switches. It can do everything if you have enough money.

If you pay for all the features, you can do almost anything you want to do with it.

What needs improvement?

The additional features I would like to see is X-LAN and ACI. More ACI or SDN features.

We haven't had any issues. Cisco Nexus is very stable.

Cisco Nexus is very scalable. If you have money to buy more cards, then you get the added features. As long as you have a lot of money.

The technical support for Cisco Nexus is excellent.

The initial shttps://www.itcentralstation.c... of the Cisco Nexus platform is straightforward.

If you know what you're doing, there are a lot of examples for configuration. There are a lot of best practices out there.

The reseller was Logicalis and the experience has been great with them.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate this product with a seven. Cisco Nexus needs to add the SDN capability and lower the price.

Go with Cisco because of best practices and all the documentation that's out there.