Cisco Nexus Review

We use it for all of our high-availability enterprise servers and phone systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Cisco Nexus is the data center. We use it for all of our enterprise servers, for our phone systems, and other things along those lines.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Cisco Nexus for high availability for one of our line control systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Cisco Nexus is speed compared to what you would get from a Catalyst Series switch.

What needs improvement?

The solution has room for improvement in terms of the learning curve.

We haven't had any issues with the ones we've installed initially. They're still up and running as they should be.

I don't have experience with the scalability aspect of it. In our server farms, we haven't added any since install and it's done its job.

From where we're at, if we needed to add more effects to Cisco Nexus, we could. I don't see any issues with doing that.

Just like all the Cisco support, it's easy to get through: just open the ticket over the phone.

They usually help us right away. We don't have any issues with working with Cisco tech support. They have resolved all of our cases.

We used an integrator reseller for the deployment called BPlus. Our experience was pretty good. Sales are straightforward. They get us a reasonable discount.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to 10, I would rate this product an eight just because I don't have to touch it. It works.

I would recommend it from the aspect that it's been configured and we have not touched it since, aside from regular adds, moves, and changes.

Go through someone who builds data centers for the most effective use of Cisco Nexus.