Cisco Nexus Review

Enables us to perform updates on individual switches, while still maintaining reliability and uptime on the server

What is our primary use case?

Our main use of Cisco Nexus is as our data center core switch.

How has it helped my organization?

Nexus provides inner redundancy. It allows us to perform updates on individual switches, while still maintaining reliability and uptime on the server.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I wish it was a more intuitive OS.

It's a stable product. It definitely holds up the workload that we put it through. Overall, I would say it's a great product.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

It's a good return on my investment because of its reliability that it provides with our main PCs, our dual homes on our devices.

What other advice do I have?

Buy what you know that's going to be the best value in the long run, because if you don't know it, then it's going to be hard.

It's the only one I know that allows us to dual home our servers in our HyperFlex environment, but still maintaining our virtual IP address and such.

I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.

9K
More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Juniper QFabric
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.