Cisco Nexus Review

The port density enables us to connect all of our departments and agencies

What is our primary use case?

We got it for its port density. Our primary use case of this solution is so we can connect all of our other departments and agencies. It'll be the main connection to our core routers. I don't work directly on it, I work with the router that connects to it.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization because we have aggregated ports and we're able to put multiple agencies on the multiple different interfaces that we have going there. We're able to separate them out with the use of VLANs and whatnot.

What needs improvement?

The VLAN is a little more hand driven now. I don't know exactly why the split screen does that.

If we could get some more automation integrated into it, it would make it easier.

As far as I know, it's been stable the entire time we've had it.

We haven't surpassed the scalability at this point.

I haven't had to use their technical support for this solution but I have used Cisco support in general. They're outstanding.

We knew we needed to switch solutions because when we migrated to Cisco as a network, we needed a good way to could control a lot of our outside agencies.

We did the deployment ourselves and we have a reseller that sells us the equipment.

We do yearly licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight or nine out of ten.

I would advise someone considering this solution to research what your actual needs are so that you size it correctly. You can always upgrade size. It's harder to downgrade.