Cisco Nexus Review

Performs well and has good capacity for the number of customers that we can get onto it

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for multitenant switching in our data centers for our edge equipment to go in between our firewalls and out to the internet.

How has it helped my organization?

It's performing well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the capacity for the number of customers that we can get onto it.

What needs improvement?

I get more of the frustration out of Juniper equipment than I do from Cisco products. Cisco Nexus is more versatile for us in comparison to Juniper. The routing is easier with Cisco.

The stability is good. We've never had any of them die. They've been very consistent.

The scalability of Cisco Nexus is good. We've had them for the entire lifetime. We've never had to upgrade them yet.

Their technical support is good and very helpful. They knew exactly what we needed. If I call during a high volume, I might get someone that just doesn't know as much or it takes a little bit of time and they put us on hold more. Otherwise, it's good.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Cisco Nexus a ten. I like it. I would advise anyone to go through a professional consultant with Cisco training.