Cisco Nexus Review

Offers increased bandwidth, faster performance, and newer software

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Cisco Nexus solution is as a core fiber switch.

How has it helped my organization?

We upgraded from a 6509 unit to a 9504. We got increased bandwidth, faster performance, and newer software which has improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

We use Cisco Nexus as a switch that houses all of our fiber connections.

What needs improvement?

They should make it easier to update the code on it. Upgrading should also be easier.

The stability of the solution is very strong. No downtime with it. No problems. No issues.

It scales to just about any use that we needed to throw at it. It's very accommodating.

The solution's technical support is perfect. We have had no problems with it.

We switched because our current product was end-of-life and falling out of support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It has a simple routing protocol, not very many static routes.

We used a certified reseller for deployment. Our experience with them was excellent.

We have seen ROI.

We didn't have any other vendors in mind. Cisco is the product that we've used quite heavily, so it made sense to stay with them.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product a ten. Cisco Nexus is very solid and easy to use.

Go with Nexus, you won't regret it.