Cisco NGIPS Review

Good support, stable, and has a lot of advanced security features

What is our primary use case?

I work for a system integrator and Cisco NGIPS is one of the products that we implement for our clients. This is a solution for enterprise networks and it has a lot of advanced features including security intelligence feeds and DNS security.

What is most valuable?

This product can be integrated with other solutions from the Cisco portfolio including Cisco ISE and SecureX. The integration with the Cisco portfolio is very helpful. Cisco ISE will give full control in any network and it can be used to isolate any infected or misbehaving users automatically.

What needs improvement?

Multi-internet line load balancing should be supported. It is available from other vendors and should be included with this product.

This is one of the most stable solutions in the firewall world.

Cisco takes scalability into consideration. My clients vary in size from small and medium-sized businesses to enterprises.

The best support that I have ever dealt with is from Cisco. I am very satisfied with their service.

I have experience with a lot of network security products. These include solutions by Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, and Forcepoint.

The initial setup is very simple and in one or two hours, it can be up and running.

The licensing can be billed annually or in multi-year contracts such as three, four, or five years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner, integrator
More Cisco NGIPS reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Cisco NGIPS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.