Cisco Prime Review

Great for network management, good interfaces and simple deployment

What is our primary use case?

Prime is geared towards medium and enterprise size companies and that's where we deploy it. I don't think it's a suitable solution for small companies. We've used the product for several projects, providing solutions to our customers and managing it for them. We've  been dealing with Cisco for the past 10 years. One of our current projects is with one of the leading hospitals here. We are premier partners and we also resell Cisco products. I'm an IT specialist.

What is most valuable?

The interfaces are a valuable feature and the product is easy to deploy. We receive a lot of good support from Cisco.

What needs improvement?

I can't really come up with anything that needs improvement in the solution, the technical team might be able to comment on that.

If my understanding is correct, Cisco doesn't have a SIEM tool. Prime is used for managing all the infrastructure and if it can be integrated with the SIEM tool it could be well managed. That's my personal opinion.

I've been using this solution for about four years.

Our clients are happy with Prime, the stability is good and it's easy to manage.

Scalability is good.

We receive partnership support and it's very good.

Initial setup is very straightforward, it only takes a short time.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Cisco Prime.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Cisco Prime reviews from users