Cisco ScanSafe Web Security SaaS Review

Good cyber security features; could simplify for users

What is our primary use case?

This solution is mostly used by educational institutions and some enterprise companies that require decent security. We provide that service for them. I'm the CEO and Manager of the company.

What is most valuable?

The VPN would be the most valuable feature. The cyber security features they offer are most trusted.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, I think it should be compliant with the latest technologies and the latest threats. The solution should be simplified and made more user friendly. Once the solution is handed over to a regular user or an educational institute, they customize it for their requirements and they could do with some user friendly alignment and understanding of how to protect their data, their PCs, their laptops, their mobiles.

They really need to keep up with things because there are other products from different companies dealing with the same issues, like you find with Fortinet and CheckPoint. There's a lot of competition.

I think more security features could be added.

I've been using this solution for five years.

Cisco has good technical support although sometimes our clients would like it to be better in some areas.

For anyone who understands the security issues, setup is simple. But for someone not well versed in implementation, there may be issues with configuration because it's a web-based system, and that might complicate the initial setup. They provide a good initial set of guidelines so it's not that difficult, but it really requires proper technical training.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product for anyone who wants security for their systems. It's one of the best on the market.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Zscaler, Broadcom and others in Web Security Gateways. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.