Cisco Sourcefire Firewalls Review

Easy to use and easy to understand how to open a port, how to manage and how to route a device

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use it for my small company to protect 5-10 users.

What is most valuable?

The web interface was easy for me. The configuration is logical, so it's easy to use and easy to understand how to protect, how to open a port, how to manage and how to route a device. That's why I prefer Cisco. It's robust and I never have issues with the hardware. That's why I choose Cisco and not another vendor.

What needs improvement?

The service could use a little more web filtering. If I compare it to Cyberoam, Cyberoam has more the web filtering, so if you want to block a website, it's easier in other solutions than in Cisco. I think in Cisco it's more complicated to do that, in my opinion.

It could also use a better web interface because sometimes it's complicated. The interface sometimes is not easy to understand, so maybe a better interface and better documentation.

I've been using this solution for 8 years.

My impression of the stability of the solution is that it's very good.

I don't have a sense of the scalability. I never extend the processes or usage.

My experience with customer service is very good in general. When I have a good person on the phone, or on the email, it's in general very fast and the reply is good. It's a good solution in general.

I previously used Juniper before Cisco, but only for one year. I switched because my company only used Cisco.

The initial setup was not complex, it's just difficult to find out how to do it. The FAQ is not clear. In terms of deployment, it depends on the client, but deployment takes about an average of six hours.

In general, I implement the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that If you want something robust, a good hardware solution, I think it's competitive and you have a good warranty, you have to choose Cisco.

I would rate the solution 8 out of 10.