Cisco Sourcefire Firewalls Review

Provides security and visibility for our network, and it is easy to integrate

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for network security.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has increased the visibility in our network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its ability to integrate vertically.

What needs improvement?

There used to be information displayed about the packets in a module called Packet Flow, but it is no longer there. In order to accomplish the same thing you now have to wade through lots of information in the Syslogs.

This is a highly stable solution.

This solution is very scalable.

Technical support for this solution is good. The response times meet our expectations and we have not had any issues.

We have always been using this same solution, but previous versions. We update them in trying to keep up with the amount of data coming through, such as more streaming.

The initial setup of this solution was straightforward. We had the proper documentation to reference.

We deployed this solution in-house.

I don't work with the numbers, but I can say that it's great for security and has improved our effectiveness at the office.

The cost of this solution is high.

We did evaluate another option, but we stayed with the Cisco solution because it's trustworthy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product from a trustworthy vendor, but it is not perfect.