Cisco Sourcefire SNORT Review

User friendly GUI, good filtering capability, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

This solution is for inspecting traffic. It works with the firewall, email, etc.

This is for an on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a solution that we trust for protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the filtering.

It does well for eliminating email spam.

The GUI is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution could be improved. If the price is brought down then everybody will be happy.

I would like to see a cloud-based version of this solution.

I have been familiar with this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability is something that Cisco has always cared about. There is no problem with it. For example, if you have one branch and you want to expand to two or three then it will work without any problems.

The technical support is very good. I deal with several Cisco departments, and they have a good team. The team around the world is large and their support is very good.

We had a customer who had a problem with their server, and Cisco sent an entirely new one as a replacement.

The initial setup of this solution is a little bit complex compared to other solutions.

The average deployment takes approximately half a day. It depends on the environment. If we are connecting braches versus only connecting the head office, the length of time to deploy can change.

Licensing for this solution is paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has improved a lot in the past few years.