• Great encryption capabilities
• Versatile Remote Access configuration down to user level settings
• Customizable Web Portals Internet/Extranet Sites
• Monitoring VPN activity and errors
• CLI provides quick access to various states of the device
• Troubleshooting Tools
Room for Improvement:
• Troubleshooting error codes not always decipherable
• Firewall rule configuration not as intuitive as Checkpoint. ASDM needs work
Cisco ASA VPN device with the 8.4(5) image and ASDM 7.11. This device meets the requirements for FIPS 140-2 cryptographic requirements for federal agencies. The purpose of the device is that it ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information between networks. The device is best used between different locations offering secure communications for users, clients (DMZ), and partners (DMZ). Cisco has been in the business for creating borderless networks for some time. Overall performance and features of the device are great. It does take a little time to get used to the commands, as they are a little different from the Cisco IOS router but not as different as another vendor like 3com now, HP.
Visibility and granular control of applications and micro-applications,
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Sep 15 2014