Cisco SSL VPN Review

The management portal is good but the graphical interface needs to improve

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the management portal. The one we're currently using is much more simple and with the IOS version 9, there is quite an improvement on the stability and the configuration of the solution itself.

What needs improvement?

I think the management of the design of the console or portal needs to improve because when you compare it to other vendors, you find that the graphical interface is old. I do, however, believe that the newer version has an improved graphical interface.

An improvement in the scalability of the solution will also be great.

I've been working on Cisco SSL VPN for more than ten years on cloud and on premises.

The newer version is much more stable than the versions we used a few years ago.

I think the scalability could be improved in the next version but it's fine for now.

The documentation that comes with the program is pretty clear and everything is explained well. So we haven't used the customer service yet.

The difficulty of the initial setup depends on the security or policy configuration one needs to implement. But for us, it was quite straightforward and not difficult at all. We did the installation and deployment ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that, if they are going in the cloud, they can use other products from the cloud too. In the next version, I would like to see central management, because sometimes you have more than two or three devices. If we can have a solution that can manage all these devices, that will be great. For example, if you need to update one device, you can just do it from one place without having to update all of them separately. On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution a seven.