Cisco SSL VPN Review

It is stable and we find it easy to work on

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to connect to our LAN, so that our users are able to access the necessary applications that are designed to be used on-premise. We predominantly use Cisco products and we find it very easy for us to use.

What needs improvement?

I think the administration can be improved to include web interfaces. And I also feel that the deployment of the clients can be better.

I have been using the solution for the past six years now on premise.

It's a very stable solution and I'd say it works perfectly. The only issue may be ensuring that connectivity between the Cisco Firewall and the access directory should be maintained.

We have about 450 up to 750 users connected to the VPN. I don't see us increasing the number of users because we are trying to migrate some of our applications on the cloud, and we use cloud VPN.

We work directly with local Premier Partners for Cisco, and they help us in terms of scoping the solution and checking our implementation.  So I think that's how we contact Cisco support indirectly. But we also have instances where we contact Cisco directly, should we need other support, but it's really very rare. Most of the solutions features work perfectly.

Most of our configurations are done by our Cisco Premier Partner, but it's relatively easy to set up Cisco SSL VPN.

I would say the price is high in terms of other solutions, but I believe it's worth the price for enterprise customers. The stability matches the pricing. So I would say it is a bit expensive, but I think it is worth the price.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I will rate this solution a nine.