Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Our protection rate has doubled and we can monitor our bandwidth or any other issues on our networks

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Cisco Stealthwatch in our organization for bandwidth monitoring and other issues we experience on our networks. When someone reports an issue, this solution helps us to determine what's going on in the network by checking the cell blocks and see if there are any issues.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has helped us to detect and identify viruses or malicious activity in the network early on. It has definitely given us more insight because it's a lot easier to check Stealthwatch's logs than to log into a router and do a bunch of show commands. I would say that it has at least doubled our protection rate.

Since we started using this solution, we've been saving time, money and administration work. It is now much easier to log into Stealthwatch and see what I want to see rather than logging into a router and checking everything out. The administration is also much less because everything's right there for me.

I haven't experienced any problems or downtime with Cisco Stealthwatch, so the stability is really good.

The scalability of this solution is good. We don't have a very large network that we use it on. I support only around 200 routers or so. But for what we use it for, it is scalable.

I never had to use technical support before.

The initial setup was straightforward. We simply followed the instructions on how to use it, and so far everything is working great.

We haven't seen ROI.

What other advice do I have?

I will never rate a product ten, so my rating for this solution is eight out of ten. I highly recommend this solution.