Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Tracks anomalies in real time but is challenging to scale to the size of our environment

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Stealthwatch is endpoint security.

How has it helped my organization?

Being able to graph and show data to management has improved our organization. We can show the data to the higher-ups. It shows them that it's picking up on these anomalies and doing its job.

It has reduced our incidence response time by around 30%. The solution has improved our efficiency in operations around 30% through basic cost-cutting. It has reduced the amount of admin support time by around 15%.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to track anomalies in real time. It increases our time-to-value ratios.

What needs improvement?

They should include Citrix VDIs in the next release.

It's stable.

It's challenging to scale as big as our environment.

I highly recommend their technical support.

We knew we needed to switch because we had a gap in visibility. We picked this solution because we're a Cisco shop.

The setup was of moderate complexity because of the Citrix environment.

We used a reseller for the deployment called Presidio. We had a good deployment with them.

We also looked at FortiGate.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco HyperFlex HX a six only because of the challenges we had with Citrix.

You need a dedicated team to manage all of these products and their integration together.