Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Has reduced our incident response time and false positives

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to work on it so that we can learn enough about it to sell it to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization because it allowed us to find a lot of stuff we could look deeper into, like strange traffic patterns, and clean it up. It hasn't really improved our threat detection rate but it has definitely reduced our incident response time as we wouldn't have been able to detect threats or immediate risks without this solution. It has also reduced false positives.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature about this solution is that it gives me insight into my network. It has great analytics and threat protection capabilities to detect faults and find viruses and trions. I can definitely say that this solution saves us time, money and administrative work.

When it comes to time to value, it gets new insights, so it's worth the time and it allows me to know more of what's going on in the network.

We are still running it but so far it has been really stable.

We are a very small company, so scalability isn't a problem for us. But I believe it is scalable.

Although I wasn't involved in the initial setup myself, it looked straightforward.

We installed the solution ourselves because we are Cisco partners.

The issue of network security is growing daily and we are dealing with all the Cisco products. We have the Duo, the Firepower Soft and we plan to extend.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a nine out of ten because I have very deep insights. But I don't see any room for improvement yet. I would advise others to do a proof of concept first.