Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Provides important visibility needed to detect and take precautions against threats

What is our primary use case?

We provide this solution to our customers to give them visibility into their network.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution gives our customers better visibility. They have a large infrastructure and they don't know what is going on in the individual locations, so we're using Stealthwatch for that.

It has reduced our incident response time by around forty percent.

It saves time, money and administrative work for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features provided by this solution are visibility and information.

The solution's analytics and threat detection capabilities are good. Network visibility is also really good.

The encrypted traffic analytics work well, I don't see any problem with it.

The time to value is very good, and it is based on visibility. For example, one of our customers was locked by Ransomware and it cost them two million Danish Krones (approximately $300,000 USD). The shipper was not able to send anything until we got everything working.

It has reduced the amount of time it takes to detect and remediate threats, although it is hard to tell by how much. If you’re under attack and you get visibility then you know it, and you can take precautions as fast as possible.

What needs improvement?

Some of our customers find this solution to be a little bit tough because they don't understand how to configure and use it. It may have to do with a need for more education when installing the product.

Speed is an issue because the faster you have visibility, the better the solution.

I would say that the stability of this solution could be better.

The scalability is okay.

Technical support for this solution could be better. It's ok. It is sometimes a case of having to find the right tech engineer before you get the real answers. Not everybody knows Stealthwatch, which is the problem.

Previously, my customer had a large router and switching network with a lot of perimeter security, but they didn't have any security or visibility on their internal network. That is why they are using Stealthwatch now.

The initial setup of this solution is complex. The most important thing is that the customer has good guidelines.

I performed the deployment myself.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this product provides good visibility into the internal network, but it is difficult for some people to install and configure.