Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Improved network visibility has saved us money and facilitates executive reporting

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is to provide operational metrics. In terms of the analytics and threat detection capabilities, it basically cures our day-to-day for everything that we do. It helps us out tremendously.

How has it helped my organization?

This product alleviates the day-to-day headaches for us, in regards to metrics. In terms of network visibility, the way we were looking at it before was kind of archaic. This solution has definitely opened up the metrics, as far as reporting is concerned.

This savings brought about by implementing this solution has allowed us to cut one position.

It has increased our threat detection rate and it has reduced our incident response time by ten to fifteen percent.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the reporting, in terms of operational metrics and what I can show to the execs.

What needs improvement?

There is room for this solution to mature because there are still things that we want to see.

The reporting of day-to-day metrics still has room for improvement.

This solution is very stable.

We're kind of immature, right now, in our implementation, but I see it growing.

We have not used technical support at this point.

We were archaic in terms of reporting.

I wouldn't say that the initial setup was complex. It took us approximately one week, which included two days of off-screening and two days of prep.

It was more a case of red tape on our end in regards to getting it into production than anything else. It wasn't complicated at all.

We handled the deployment in-house.

The ROI was immediate for us, in regard to how we implemented it. The implementation was super quick, and we saw returns right from the get-go.

The pricing for this solution is good.

We evaluated Darktrace, but I didn’t have a good, happy experience with their Account Manager.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody researching this type of solution is to put Cisco Stealthwatch on the shortlist. It is not complicated to install. The feature set is good, as well as the pricing.

The biggest lesson for us is that we needed improvement, compared to what we had before. We ran around naked for the previous four years that I have been with the company. We made a good decision.

This is a good product, but there are still things that we would like to see.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.