Cisco Tetration Review

The telemetry Provides Necessary Visibility

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to analyze traffic. We have a route cluster of 2,500 nodes right now just in case the application is facing any delay or latency we wanted to have the visibility. It allows for insight into our data center.

How has it helped my organization?

With the analysis we have, we are only looking at the features of application sales and our books during the month. What we really needed was to know how the traffic flow is and what the latency is. We have a server team which comes back to us and they complain about the latency that our app is facing and we are not able to determine what the issue is. They want to back the network itself and we end up substituting nothing. With Tetration insight, we are able to get that latency on our level accounts and we are able to determine whatever the issue is with the application latency itself.

What is most valuable?

The telemetry gives me the visibility on the particular path. It helps to analyze the whole fabric itself. I also get to know what condition we have and on which interfaces. We look at heavy traffic so we can share the particular load across to other interfaces as well.

What needs improvement?

The problem is that we can only deploy the particular solution where we have the hardware with Cisco. This is only FX series switches, which have the hardware sensor built, and we have to deploy the software sensor.

Less than one year.

It is stable.

This solution is scalable but there is a limitation that it is only available on Cisco devices. It is highly scalable for us. We have around 4,000 auto machines and a load of around 35,000 users.

Tech support is good. We have not had any issues. Only once did we really have an issue.

We initially only had the network monitoring and insight software. The network monitoring solution, SolarWinds, was the first. We also went back with Riverbeds as a unit model draft of the quality but that did not make sense to us. We tried integrating the application monitoring along with the network itself using a net flow but we were still not able to get the regular insights and the regular results that we're getting right now with the Tetration solution.

The implementation is pretty straightforward.

The pricing is a bit higher than we anticipated.