Cisco Tetration Review

Saves us an enormous amount of time and has enormous scalability

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for us and our clients is to give the auditors the tools and the view on the network that we're in sync and that we're audible in what we do.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of proving that all the access control lists are in place and all the EPGs are correct, we can just point the auditor to a dashboard and point out that there aren't any escaped conversations. It saves an enormous, enormous amount of time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the auditing. They prove that we don't have out of scope conversations between servers that are not allowed.

What needs improvement?

They should scale down the hardware a bit. The initial hardware investment is two million dollars so it's a price point problem. The issue with the price comes from the fact that you have to have it with enormous storage and enormous computes.

I would also like to see them develop more flexible export from other trades to third-party products or to form links to a third-party product. Make reports in the form that the auditor wants using a third-party product, for example.

It's rather stable. It's stable but huge.

Scalability is enormous and it can keep data longer than the other products I know in the space.

The people we deal with for technical support are very good. We haven't had to book official cases yet.

The initial set up took some time because we wanted to test some different client scenarios before we offered it as a service to clients. To get a good set up for the different scenarios and to make sure that we had a good procedure to wipe all the disks and that we had the necessary proof that the disk was securely wiped before going to integration with the next clients. It took some time to see how could we do that.

We implemented directly through Cisco. We had a good experience with them.

We have a 50% gain on auditing time.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

I would advise you to give it a try. Call Cisco and get a demo, try it in a lab, and go for it.