Cisco Tetration Review

Good network visibility enables us to enforce security measures

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for process discovery and for the data center.

How has it helped my organization?

One thing for sure about improvement to our organization and that is we do have several applications with no servers. It's hard to identify what port every application is using. So by using Tetration, it runs an agent and will let us know all the processes running within that server. We can quickly turn around and be able to secure the server by blocking the unused ports.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature right now is to do with having visibility on the network — especially on our servers — and to be able to enforce some type of security measures. This is mostly to combat processes that shouldn't be running on the servers.

The data analytics and all the data that it gathers are very useful. It creates a fast turn around to improve the speed of decision making so we can decide what we need to do to remain secure.

What needs improvement?

A feature that I was looking for was emailed alerts and notifications so we'd get them right away. I don't know if it is there or not yet but I haven't had enough time to explore and find it.

The search capabilities can be improved as well.

So far the stability has been reliable.

Scalability all depends on how many agents you buy. If Cisco makes it more affordable to buy agents, then it will be more scalable for us. The limitation right now is the cost and not the system.

So far tech support has been great. Every time we call, they're always available to help us troubleshoot or help us get around in the application.

It was very straightforward since we're doing cloud-based management.

If you have a somewhat limited budget you may find the scalability limited. The product does not seem to be.

What other advice do I have?

For me, the solution is a nine out of ten. I really like it. It's a great tool that will help give visibility to a data center and network, understand processes that are running within the data center and be able to enforce rules and regulations for all your processes.