Cisco Tetration Review

Enables us to troubleshoot network incidents and has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Cisco Tetration solution is for troubleshooting network incidents.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is that we don't have to do packet captures on the network.

What needs improvement?

Cisco Tetration needs more flags and system alerts that we should get with network capture. We haven't gotten into the security aspects of it.

From a troubleshooting perspective, there are a few areas they can improve. There should be more types of data.

It is very stable.

The scalability of Cisco Tetration is very good.

We did not have a lot of experience with Cisco support.

We didn't have anything like Cisco Tetration before. We were previously considering ACI. We decided not to use it.

The setup was complex because of how our network is structured. In the network administration setup, Cisco Tetration requires some planning.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco Tetration an eight or nine. I'd like to see better documentation for advanced features. The documentation is fairly basic. I would also like to see better integration with other applications.

It's still a maturing product at the beginning of the lifecycle right now.