Cisco Tetration Review

Simple to deploy and provides good application visibility along with micro-segmentation feature

What is our primary use case?

We have many use cases for Cisco Tetration. Examples of this are micro-segmentation and the visibility of applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is micro-segmentation, which can be used to deploy endpoint security along with the visibility of application and connection matrix

This product is simple to deploy, and provides visibility of connectivity between the endpoints/application.

What needs improvement?

There is some overlap between Cisco Tetration and AppDynamics and there are few DC tools, It would be great  to have a single pane of glass, rather than have to jump between different tools.

I have used Cisco Tetration for few months in POC last year 2019

With respect to stability, we haven't seen any issues so far with it.

We have evaluated in my last organisations as part of POV with about 1,000 endpoints and we have incorporated Kubernetes as well. Scalability depends upon what hardware you're using or what model of Tetration you're using. If you're using it on-premises then the scalability numbers are different than a cloud-based deployment.

So far, we have not had any trouble with scalability. However, we have just completed our proof of concept, so we do not have many actual users yet.

We have not been in contact with technical support.

We have not used anything quite like Cisco Tetration in the past.

The initial setup is straightforward. It doesn't take long to deploy. You just need to install the agents on the machines and if you want to install it on-premises then you use the cloud servers to help with the setup. The entire process takes a week or two.

The price is based on how many installation of software sensors you're going to install it on.

We did not evaluate other options because there are not many products in the market that offer this functionality. In fact, I think that Cisco is specifically covering the market for micro-segmentation and visibility of applications.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of Cisco Tetration depends on the strategy of any given organization. If your organization has a micro-segmentation strategy then this is a good solution. It works to improve visibility by creating connection metrics between applications and having the proper policy in place.

Overall, this is a really good product and I am happy with it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Tetration reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Tetration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.