Cisco UCM Review

Great for large environments but could benefit from more automation

What is our primary use case?

We use UCM managers to monitor our hardware, then transfer it to UCSM. We work in a big environment with over 200 staff.

What is most valuable?

The best thing about Cisco UCM is that it highlights user errors and reports any problems on the dashboard itself; all errors and problems are categorized, which is a really nice feature. It also categorizes our numbers with respect to the physicality — minor, major, and critical, telling us which ones to prioritize first.

What needs improvement?

Cisco UCM could be more intuitive and have better foresight which could help us based upon the requirement of resources. Also, more automation would be nice.

I have been using Cisco UCM for more than five years.

The stability is good.

There are some scalability issues relating to the dashboard.

I am satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

UCM is implemented through vendor support; we bought it and the vendors deployed it for us.  When we purchased UCM, we provided them with a list of everything we needed and it arrived pre-packaged. The stack management was covered by the vendor.

Deployment was also taken care of by a third party.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Cisco UCM to other companies.

Because Cisco UCM is a legacy, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.