Cisco UCS B-Series Review

I can connect it to multiple chassis and rack servers using a unified platform, then manage them on a single console

What is our primary use case?

We use it for computing and virtualization. All the blade servers are used for database uploads.

We are a system integrator. So, we sell multiple type of software and hardware solutions. We implement solutions and provide support.

We have multiple versions of the solution currently running. It depends on our customer.

How has it helped my organization?

The overall consolidation of hardware is helping us.

What is most valuable?

• Manageability
  • Performance

I can connect Cisco UCS B-Series to multiple chassis and rack servers using a unified platform, then manage them on a single console.

More than five years.

The solution is stable. We haven't encounter any failures or problems in these particular servers. We have had three to four years without any downtime happening.

The technical support is good from Cisco. The type of service level purchase will determine the level of support response that you receive from Cisco.

The setup is a bit complex in terms of configuration. While as an admin or an end user, it is very easy to use. The configuration is a bit complex, as it requires very high technical expertise to apply it.

We are the integrator. We use two engineers for the deployment.

The time for deployment depends customer to customer and the number of servers that we deploy. For example, our last deployment took three days.

It requires some basic configuration, then you can just plug and play.

We still have multiple vendors that we work with. It depends on the customer requirements whom we select to work with.

We work with this solution because we find that the technology is superior to others.

We have also evaluated Dell EMC blade and rack servers, along with Cisco rack servers.

What other advice do I have?

Our customers are very happy people.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner and system integrator.