Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Review

Very stable, easy to use, and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our IP telephony. We use it for internal communication in terms of making calls, instant messaging, and one-on-one video calling. We also use it when we're working from home remotely. We also use Cisco Jabber as well as Expressway for Firewall Traversal.

In terms of the software, we're using the latest version. In terms of the hardware, we are two generations behind. We simply did a software upgrade on the old hardware.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable and easy to use. It integrates easily with Cisco's cloud-based UC solutions. There are tools for management that make the management a bit easier, but we don't use them. We don't use what you would term as power users.

What needs improvement?

On the contact center and video conferencing, I would definitely like to see more AI features. The AI features are key for us. You will find a lot of them in the cloud-based solution, but in the on-premises solution, they're hardly there. I would like to see the same AI features that are there in the cloud-based Cisco UC.

We've been using it for ten years.

It is a very stable product.

It is highly scalable. We have ten people in our office, and we have deployed it for our use. Our biggest customer has about 4,000 users, but you can scale it to 40,000 users.

We provide technical support ourselves. There are a few instances where we have to refer to a Cisco technical support person.

The installation is straightforward. Normally, the installation takes four to six hours.

We are an integrator. We implement it for ourselves and for customers. It is easy for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE ProLiant DL Servers
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Rack Servers. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.