Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Review

The solution has improved the new infrastructure development giving us the ability to create a compute-storage in-a-box solution.

How has it helped my organization?

The Cisco solution has improved the new infrastructure development giving us the ability to create a compute-storage in-a-box solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very nice and stable with an easy administration GUI. It has reliable and compliant hardware components which are not "Cisco rebranded."

What needs improvement?

Definitely the support area needs improving. Especially the time response in case of hardware failure.

We only had hardware issues from two disk failures.

Absolutely we had scalability issues. We tried several times to upgrade, scale up, expand our infrastructure, but Cisco insists to demand excessive amounts of money. Much more than buying a new infrastructure. This behavior forced us to choose another vendor later and we downgraded of course the role of our Cisco infrastructure.

Ι would say the technical support is average. Nothing special.

It was a difficult decision but we switched for two reasons - better value-for-money approach and more compatible hardware.

It was very easy and straightforward and it was done without previous experience.

I would advise to be very careful regarding the pricing especially if they don't buy complete or all included bundles. If they plan to expand their infrastructure in periods, then simply Cisco is not a good choice.

We evaluated HPE DL380 and Dell R730

What other advice do I have?

Update the system with the latest firmware set. There are plenty of fixes.