Cisco UCS Director Review

A user-friendly and easy-to-use solution to improve network performance and security

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to generate workflows.

It is deployed in our private cloud environment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the performance of our network.

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly solution that is very good and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The scalability of this solution needs to be improved because as it is now, you cannot scale the storage alone. Rather, you have to scale the storage and the compute together. I would like to be able to add more storage, and not be tied to upgrading anything other than storage alone.

I would like to see more integration with other solutions.

We have been using this solution for between five and six years.

This is a very stable solution.

This solution is scalable, although it is not possible to scale the storage alone.

Technical support for this solution is excellent. We have had a few issues, but the response time has been very fast.

This was a replacement for our HP Blade Server. We switched because Cisco gives us better performance and security for our files and servers. The Cisco technology, itself, is better.

The initial setup of this solution is not easy, and we had problems while doing it. It needs a specialist to install, configure, and enhance it. This solution is not plug-and-play.

We used a reseller to assist us with our deployment.

We also evaluated IBM, but ultimately found that Cisco was a better move for us. Financially it is a good deal, and it has good support.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend for others.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from this solution is that you have to have patience at the beginning. You cannot rush it.

This is a good product, but improvements never end.