Cisco UCS Manager Review

Flexible, easy to manage, and scalable with a quick, focused technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this infrastructure for the virtualization usage for our ESX servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are flexibility and management. If you want a non-standard network or SAN configuration then Cisco UCS is very flexible.

You can manipulate the ESX server network connection or SAN connections with Cisco UCS.

We are comfortable using Cisco UCS in our virtualization environment. We can control anything in the network or SAN site.

What needs improvement?

Integration can always be improved, but that is not an issue for me because I work in a bank in Turkey. In Turkey, there are some regulations regarding Co//ab in the banking industry. Authorities are not permitted to use Co//ab for banking, so integration is not a use case for us.

The stability could use some improvements.

We have three data centers and if we could manage all three data centers using one interface, it would be great.

I have been using Cisco UCS Manager for four and a half years.

It is very stable. We had some issues with the batteries or memory, but if you look at the bigger picture it is very stable.

This solution is very scalable. We manage two large Cisco UCS environments. There are many servers in it and we can grow and scale a lot if we want, it has a lot of room.

I am very happy with the technical support.

When you work with vendors such as HP, IBM or Huawei, you can face these types of problems, but it is not as important because the technical support is very good. If you have any issues they resolve your issue very quickly.

The technical support is fast and focused on finding a solution. If we have errors with the hardware or the software, the technical support solves it immediately.

The initial setup is very straightforward. In the beginning, it appeared to be complex, but after some time it was very straightforward and you can control everything.

It took three or four days to deploy this solution.

We had the help of the Cisco professionals for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I am very happy with Cisco UCS. If I had to choose between other submissions, I would choose the Cisco UCS every time.

It's a wonderful product.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Cisco UCS Manager reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Nutanix Prism
Learn what your peers think about Cisco UCS Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.