Cisco UCS Manager Review

Flexible and easy to expand features with good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for software computing within our organization.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility and the ease in which the features can be expanded are the solution's most valuable aspects.

What needs improvement?

The automation within the solution needs to be simplified.

In the next release, the solution should have a central view center or offer administration capabilities for different environments.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is quite stable. We've never witnessed any bug or glitches. We also haven't experienced any crashes that would lead us to believe the stability is in question. It's very good.

The scalability of the solution is okay. You do get some scalability, but it's not fully scalable per se.

We've reached out to technical support in the past. The support they've provided has been great. We're satisfied with the level of service that they've given us.

The initial setup was complex. It was not straightforward. There's just too much effort to set up a simple environment.

The environment was quite large and the implementation process required a number of people.

Currently, we have six people who handle ongoing maintenance on the solution.

We used a consultant that was able to assist us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice of how other users can implement the solution, I'd caution that it depends on what they like to use. If you need to have server usage, for example, for Oracle, for Microsoft Hyper V, VMware, or different solutions, then it's not the best.

For us, the complexity was too high especially when it comes to expanding it for other purposes.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

4.1
More Cisco UCS Manager reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Nutanix Prism
Learn what your peers think about Cisco UCS Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.