Cisco Umbrella Review

Stable, integrates well, and is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for DNS security that is integrated with Active Directory. We are also using public DNS connectivity for the filtering of underlying threats.

What is most valuable?

What we like most is security and how easy it is to integrate with other appliances.

What needs improvement?

The different levels of security, such as backend security and internet security, need improvement.

In the next release, I would like to see the integration of VDI NSX with Cisco Umbrella.

We have been using the entire Cisco Solution for three years.

In the two years that I have been using this product, it has been stable. We have not had problems.

It's a scalable solution.

My experience with technical support is that when you open a case, you get better support. I ordered a part and was told that it was not available. When I opened a case, it was better.

In addition to Cisco Umbrella, we are using Cisco Firepower.

We use the entire Cisco solution that includes Cisco Umbrella, Cisco AMP for Endpoint, and Cisco Firepower.

The initial setup is easy. It took a day to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

We use the entire Cisco solution and we are happy with the product integration.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Umbrella reviews from users
...who compared it with Zscaler Internet Access
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Umbrella. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.