Cisco Umbrella Review

Threats never come close to your network with security at the DNS level​

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is security at the DNS level. This solutions was suggested by our account manager at Insight.

How has it helped my organization?

we didn't implement it in our environment because of the pricing concern. however, I am sure it would have done a great job considering my observations in the trail pack.

What is most valuable?

Threats never come close to your network with security at the DNS level. Like i said above, i used it for a very short time so I cannot comment on the what would've been valuable for us but I was pretty amazed by the wide variety of security features and reports on a single dashboard. Leveraging Custom API and reasons and visibility for each deep visibility for the network was something that caught my eye.

What needs improvement?

There should be a way to monitor traffic at the user level. I use Meraki Dashboard and Cisco Firepower to do this for different networks. I understand this tool monitors the network as a whole but adding that information will let us cut the cost for other tools.

Less than one year.

The product is pricey compared to Cisco Firepower.

What other advice do I have?

It is a pretty good product for a small business.