Cisco Umbrella Review

Easy to configure and operate, and has fixed the gap in our DNS protection

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for DNS and IP reputation, for blocking.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has meant that we've needed to make fewer firewall changes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the blocking function and its ease of use. The integration with other systems is helpful, as well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see DLP integration in the next release of this solution. Including this would give us headroom with some of the infrastructures that we have today.

The stability of this solution is fantastic, and we have no interruptions whatsoever.

There are no limitations when it comes to the scalability of this solution. It's fantastic.

When I have had contact with technical support, I've always had a fast response time.

We implemented this solution because we had a gap in the visibility of our DNS protection, and this was able to remedy that.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

I performed the deployment myself.

Within six months we had ROI for this solution.

Our costs were negotiated, and they are okay.

We did evaluate other options before choosing this solution. We selected this one because we were able to merge it into an ELA (Cisco Enterprise License Agreement), which was beneficial.

What other advice do I have?

If anybody is looking for DNS and IP reputation for protection and blocking, then this is the right product. This is a good solution that is easy to manage, easy to configure, easy to operate, and easy to support. It's very simple.

I really like this solution, and rate it a ten out of ten.