Cisco Umbrella Review

Good interface and cloud dashboard for managing anti-malware control on the Web GW

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Umbrella for one of our customers, one of Jordan banks. We are using that on the gateways, on the cloud to secure our customer web traffic.

They are happy with the distribution because they know it's straight on the DNS.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Umbrella uses the internet’s infrastructure to block malicious destinations before a connection is ever established. By delivering security from the cloud, it will save money and provide more effective security.

What is most valuable?

Umbrella stops threats over all ports and protocols — even direct-to-IP connections. Stop malware before it reaches your endpoints or network.

Even if devices become infected in other ways, Umbrella prevents connections to attacker’s servers. Stop data exfiltration and execution of ransomware encryption

What needs improvement?

We would like to improve nothing in particular on Cisco Umbrella.  They are very good.

I have been using Cisco Umbrella for about two years.

Cisco Umbrella is stable. I have heard no complaints from my customers at all.

Cisco Umbrella is scalable.

Cisco support is one of the best, their response is very fast and they are very supportive.

Yes, we used Bluecoat ASG to block known Malwares.

usually, to complete Sandboxing solution (which used for unknown malwares), we used other solutions like Cisco Umbrella or Bluecoat ASG to block the known malwares on Web GW.

it was very straightforward.

We (BMB company which is a Cisco Gold partner) are familiar with such solution and implementation.

I have no idea about cost.

No I did not.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product a nine. No one's perfect. They are fine with the interface and the dashboard that they have released.