Cisco Umbrella Review

Provides important ransomware protection and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator, and we implemented this solution for one of our clients in Morocco. It helps to protect the network against ransomware and phishing attacks.

This solution integrated with eBay, and we use it to check statistics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the protection against ransomware and phishing.

This solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

This solution is difficult to configure.

I would like to see a graphical representation of the entire network. For example, the network topography that shows connections to the server, as well as the communication that is coming into and going out of Umbrella.

I have been using this solution for three months.

We have not seen any bugs, glitches, or crashes. It is a very nice solution.

Scaling this solution is easy once you have the licenses.

There are three people using this solution. They are network and system administrators, and the ECC.

This was the first solution that we implemented for our client.

The initial setup of this solution is not complex. It is easy to configure and use as a whole. The deployment took approximately one day, which involved configuring the access.

One person is enough for deployment and maintenance.

We had a consultant to assist with the deployment.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

Depending on the needs of the client, we consider several solutions. I have worked with Symantec PGP, CyberArk, Cyberwatch, Skybox, and Fortinet.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very important solution, especially if the client does not actually supervise the tool.

My advice for anybody implementing this solution is to make sure that it is configured properly for your network. Depending on your environment, you need to set up access for people who are both out of the office and out of the local network.

This is a very good solution and my clients are impressed with it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Premium
More Cisco Umbrella reviews from users
...who compared it with Zscaler Internet Access
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Umbrella. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.