Cisco Wireless Review

Good stability and a nice user interface

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Cisco Wireless is one of the Wi-Fi products that we implement for our customers. Most of the use cases are government and semi-government.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is stability. It is one of the biggest advantages of this product.

The user interface is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The problem with Cisco is always the pricing, as it is impossible to compete with others.

It is not as easy to use as some competing products.

In the future, I would like to see support for ZigBee built into these wireless devices.

We have been dealing with Cisco Wireless for about 12 years.

I have never been in contact with Cisco's technical support. My understanding is that the support depends on the partner. If you get a partner who is not good then the support will not be good.

For our Wi-Fi needs, we primarily work with Ruckus, although we also work with products from Cisco and Aruba.

The initial setup is complex because you have to relate things from so many places. You don't have one straightforward way to reach the information that you need. It wouldn't be easy for a non-technical person to deploy it.

I would recommend that the installation be completed by an integrator, reseller, or consultant.

We present our clients with the capabilities of different solutions and most of the time, price is the differentiating factor. Cisco is expensive but sometimes the name is what makes the difference and you win projects because of it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to prepare for the need to use experts. If they don't want to use experts, they should not purchase Cisco products. That said, it is a good product and I recommend it. Ultimately, using Cisco comes down to price.

Hybrid Cloud