Cisco Wireless Review

Very stable with good technical support and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for so many things. We are a Saudi customs organization, and we are using it for the mobile user inside the port and for the trucks themselves. We use it for the trucks as the trucks also need to use wireless. They're moving inside the port. We need it for providing internet to the user. We also use it for the intranet network and for the internet network.

What is most valuable?

The solution is quite stable.

The installation process is very easy.

Technical support has been mostly helpful in the past.

What needs improvement?

The coverage has given us a few issues. We have some of the wireless devices flooding. The scalability is off. It needs to be better. If they could offer better coverage, we'd be much happier.

I've been using the solution for about 15 years at this point. It's been well over a decade. It's been a while.

The solution has been quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is largely pretty good.

The scalability isn't the best. It doesn't give us the coverage we need. There isn't good mapping for the wireless and the access points.

We have about 600 people who are using our access points.

We likely will be increasing usage in the future.

We've been in touch with technical support. They're okay. We've been satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's an easy process. It's not overly complex. A company should be able to handle the process with relative ease.

The deployment takes only a few minutes. It's pretty fast. It's not that big of a project.

We have about 40 people on staff that can handle deployment and maintenance.

We do not need to pay a licensing fee to Cisco.

We've previously used Huawei and Aruba as well for wireless.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Cisco.

We're using the latest version of the solution right now.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations looking for a wireless solution. For the most part, it's worked well for us.

I'd rate the product at a nine out of ten as it's been mostly reliable.

More Cisco Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.