Cisco Wireless Review
Reliable product. Ability to handle huge amounts of traffic needs to be improved.

Valuable Features

No configuration required on access points and better monitoring.

Improvements to My Organization

We have been deploying in different companies and their wireless communication has improved.

Room for Improvement

Access Points are unable to handle huge traffic and if one user start downloading other user bandwidth speed is affected.

Use of Solution

Multiple Times.

4402, 4404, 5508

Yes we did have issues. The start access points were unable to join the controller but we managed.

There was an issue with User Authentication with lDAP.

None encountered.

None encountered.

It was good.

It was good.

Our customer used Linksys access points and they had problems with their connection so they decided for WLAN.

Start the controller. The initial setup process will start the you need to configure multiple parameters, and the configuration is done.

Implementation Team

I implemented myself for multiple companies.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

No day-to-day cost.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes different WLAN Controller models.

Other Advice

Good product and good reliability

1 Comment

it_user195360Consultant

About you just said regarding "room for improvement", you have to understand that this behavior is expected for some 802.11 standards. It has nothing to do with Cisco solution. I mean, it's a 802.11 feature. To avoid such thing, you should try 802.11n (MIMO) and 802.11ac. Plus, avoid simply turning the controller on and leaving the parameters as default. Wireless products MUST be customized to your scenario and needs.

04 May 16