Citrix ADC Review

A robust and easy-to-use solution for load balancing and context switching

What is our primary use case?

We use it for load balancing.

What is most valuable?

The load balancing feature and the fact that you can do context switching in the WAF are the most valuable. We majorly use it for load balancing, but we also use it for context switching in the WAF. It is also robust and very easy to work with and manage.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the scalability and the multi-tenancy feature.

We recently tried to configure an authentication, and we ran into some issues while using the web-based GUI. It was very slow when you log in with your credentials in the web-based GUI. Each time we clicked on the menu, it tried to do the authentication. It works properly in the console.

I have been working with Citrix ADC for six years.

Its scalability is not good enough. We can't scale the model that we have to the one that is used for multi-tenancy. We need mobile multi-tenancy. Scalability is a big requirement for us. That's why we are looking at a different model.

Their technical support has been okay. It is fine, but it can be improved.

I have used an F5 solution. In F5, you have to do a lot of coding and scripting to be able to achieve certain things. Citrix is very straightforward because of the infrastructure that we run. It is very easy to spin up services. F5 is not straightforward.

I wouldn't say that it was tedious. It was pretty much straightforward for us.

We had a vendor who was experienced in deploying this solution. After the POC, it was easy for us to deploy this solution. We have less than 20 engineers to maintain this solution.

We get value for money. Its price is fair. I don't think it is overpriced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is cloud-ready. It can be deployed on the cloud as well as on-premises.

I would rate Citrix ADC an eight out of ten. There are some flaws that need to be corrected.

More Citrix ADC reviews from users