Citrix ADC Review

Has good content switching ability and good GUI functionality

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the content switching.

What needs improvement?

ADC from Citrix has added functionalities from other products and the usability is very difficult for someone who is used to a simpler user interface, it's a little bit of a mess to use.

In terms of the GUI's functionalities, it responds to our needs. I don't see a need for improvement for that.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

We have more users than before so we had to migrate from a VPX to an NPX to improve the bandwidth. We are a medium-sized company with around 5,000 users. Most of them work through ADC appliances. It responds to our needs.

I have contacted their technical support. They're good. We have a meeting with them once a month. Their support is good.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation would depend on the company's needs. In my former job, we used to have f5 for load balancing and we used to have NetScaler for ICA reverse proxy for access gateway and we used the two of them in conjunction. In my current job, we have Fortinet for firewalling and we have ADC for reverse proxy for access gateway. My opinion is that you have to choose the best solution for every functionality you need.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because of the user interface.

More Citrix ADC reviews from users